Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Self As A Knower

In "Areas of knowledge" I would put myself with 'The arts' because I'm a very artistic and creative individual. My mother was an artist and taught art when she was younger. When she first moved to Cape Cod she owned a scrimshaw gift store. I've gained some of my artistic influence from her but most of my inspiration has come from television shows I've watched when I was younger. The drawing style of Anime caught my eye at an early age and I've slowly developed into different styles later on. Lately I've been very interested in Marvel's superheroes and their intense muscle structure. My gymnastics teacher taught me how to face paint. She use to bring me along with her to birthday parties and festivals so that I could work with her. At 13, I got my own first set of face paints and started body painting seriously. Now I'm fully insured and working for money.
eatsleepbreathecreate.tumblr.com

For 'Ways of knowing' I would put myself in with 'Sense perception'. I've taken one of those personality, learning-curve, tests and it said that I am the type of learner who needs to experience hands on activities in order to fully grasp the concept. This is true because I'm always doing something with my hands and I'm a very hands on learner and if I write something down or do a project i'll remember and grasp the concept better.

No comments:

Post a Comment